Sep 29, 2022
You can change your location on Google in a few minutes. Follow our guide to change your location on google in your are using a PC, Apple device or Android device. You will do it quickly!
How To Change Your Location on Google? Guide For PC, Apple and Android Devices - FastVPN
There are plenty of reasons behind changing your location on Google. Sure, when you are looking for some services in your area, enabling location on Google is necessary. But to protect your privacy, you need to make sure that the device is not always sharing your location.
Steps to Change Location on Google through Your PC (Mac and Windows)?Steps to Change Location through an Android Smartphone?Steps to Change Your Location on Google through iPad or iPhone?Steps to Change Your Location on Google Using a VPN?Bottom Line
What’s great is Chrome allows you to customize your location sharing option, including the choice to manually deny or approve each time an app or a website wants to access your locations.
Want to know how to change your location on Google for PC or smartphones? The process is very simple.
1. On your Mac or Windows PC, open Google Chrome.
2. From the three dots button given at the top-right corner of the screen, go over to ‘Settings’.
3. Click on ‘Advanced’ and choose ‘Privacy and Security’.
4. Next, click on ‘Site Settings’.
5. Click on ‘Location’.
6. You will find a toggle button next to the option ‘Ask before accessing(recommended). Switch it to ‘Blocked’ to block all sites from getting access to your location. If it is ‘Enabled’, all sites get access to your location without any hassle.
1. On your Android device, open Google Chrome Browser.
2. Next, you have three dots on the screen’s top-right corner from where you have to choose ‘Settings’.
3. Scroll down to find the option ‘Site Settings’ and tap on it.
4. Next, tap on location.
5. You will find a toggle button that you have to switch to ‘Ask before allowing sites to know your location’ or ‘Blocked’.
1. On your iPhone and iPad, open ‘Settings’.
2. Scroll down to look for ‘Chrome’.
3. Now, tap on ‘Location’.
4. Choose one of the three options- ‘While Using the App’, ‘Ask Next Time’, or ‘Never’.
You can use a VPN to spoof your location. Use it as an extension. It can hide your real location and keep it from tracking your whereabouts, automatically. With this, if you connect to a server in some other location, you will be given a different IP address from some other region. It makes it seem like you are using Chrome from a different part of the world. Thus, you can access the services and sites while keeping your real location hidden.
Even though at times it is okay for Chrome to track your location, there are times when you might want to hide or change your real location. No matter if you are traveling abroad, looking to protect your privacy, or making an attempt to access content from some other part of the world, there are easy ways to alter your Google location. You can block sites from accessing your location but if you have to change it you can use a VPN.