How to Remove Malware from Android? | Best Guide 2023
Jan 4, 2023
Android users sometimes troubles because of malware on their devices. As a first step, you should try to prevent getting malware to your phone. However, it is better knowing how to remove malware from Android devices.
How To Remove Malware From Android Devices? 7 Proven Ways - FastVPN
Malware is software that can secretly steal delicate personal information from your device. It includes various types of viruses, trojans, spyware, and ransomware.
Malware is dangerous, so you must learn how to remove Malware from android. This article will discuss what Malware is and how it can affect your android device. Also, how to identify if you have one and remove it.
Also, read this: Youtube Alternatives
Here is How to remove Malware from androidMalware and its effects:Steps to catch Malware on android:Pointers to watch out for in a device:Hints to figure out in the browser:Other indications:How to remove Malware from android cell phones and tablets?Method#1: Google Play ProtectMethod#2: Restart in Safe Mode:Method#3: Uninstall all dubious apps1- Inspect any recent apps you downloaded:2- Get rid of apps you don’t use anymore:3- Immediately uninstall apps that you do not know about:Method#4: Reset your browser back to its default settings:Method#5: Delete your downloadsMethod#6: Install an Antivirus app:Method#7: Use a VPN service:Worried about how to remove Malware from android? Take precautions:FAQsFinal Thoughts:
Here is How to remove Malware from android
Malware and its effects:
Malware is created to hack and snoop into your online privacy. It disrupts your device’s behavior in many ways. And it can be super harmful once it gets downloaded to your android gadgets.
Cybercriminals use Malware to commit many crimes. This encompasses stealing and selling your data to third parties for money.
After a cybercriminal installs Malware into your device, it further downloads files and codes into your device’s system. It allows them to access everything present on the device, including personal messages and images.
They can track your web activities, steal your credit card info and social account passwords. Such crimes lead to the loss of online privacy, personal info, and security.
They might also use Malware to show you ads, force you to visit dangerous and unsafe websites, and download applications.
Malware can be monitoring your every step right under your nose without you knowing. But, don’t worry! You can identify it on your device and figure out how to remove Malware from android.
Steps to catch Malware on android:
Once your android mobile phones, laptops, and tablets get infected, they show specific symptoms. You can catch onto them.
Pointers to watch out for in a device:
- Your Google account gets signed out by Google in case of malware detection.
- Pop-up ads show up constantly, which won’t close down.
- Your device might give alerts/warnings of a virus.
- The device may slow down and take a significant time to operate apps.
- Your device’s storage system gets considerably full, leaving no more space for downloads.
- Your battery drains unusually fast.
- The apps take too long to open, crash continuously, or get corrupted.
- You spot apps you never downloaded on your device.
- There’s a significant increase in data usage.
- You might receive overcharged phone bills.
- The device doesn’t receive software updates.
- The apps don’t get updated.
- The device doesn’t work efficiently or stops functioning at all.
Hints to figure out in the browser:
- New tabs and pop-up windows that won’t close down
- Chrome extensions and toolbars getting installed on their own
- Your browsing activity malfunctions. It opens and closes tabs involuntarily and redirects you to unfamiliar web pages.
- Your chrome homepage doesn’t follow the custom settings, or a new search engine is installed. The settings change automatically without your interference.
- Your contacts claim to receive messages from your email or social media accounts.
- Strange things get posted on your account feed or story without your knowledge.
- You get logged out of your social media accounts, and the password doesn’t work anymore.
How to remove Malware from android cell phones and tablets?
You can try many ways to secure your android smartphones and tablets from Malware. Let’s take a look at the methods.
Method#1: Google Play Protect
Google Play Protect allows you to scan the apps you have installed using the Play Store. It informs you if there’s a virus in any app and presents the option of removal. Follow the steps below to use Play Protect.
1- Tap on the Google Play Store and open it
2- At the top right, you’ll find a profile icon
3- Tap on it and select “Play Protect” from the options
The Play Protect feature will start a scan. If you have installed apps from other sources, choose the “Improve Harmful App Detection” from the settings and turn it on. These measures will help you identify corrupted apps and remove them from the system.
Method#2: Restart in Safe Mode:
Restarting your device in safe mode allows you to disable third-party apps, including Malware. The option to choose a safe mode varies in different mobile sets and tablet models, but we’ll share the steps which recur mostly in devices.
1- Press the power button until the option of power off shows up
2- Keep on holding the tap on the power off option until it gives a prompt to “Reboot to safe mode.”
3- After tapping on “okay,” wait for the device to reboot
4- Once the device restarts, you’ll notice the safe mode watermark indicating that you’re now using the safe mode.
5- Then go to the settings and open the “Apps” to check the list of apps installed on your device.
5- Then go to the settings and open the “Apps” to check the list of apps installed on your device.
6- Scrutinize the list and uninstall any app that looks suspicious or wasn’t downloaded by you.
7- If the app doesn’t uninstall itself, it might be the Malware you need to get rid of.
8- You can disable the app. Then go to the settings again and open the “Device admin apps.” Or look for a feature with a similar name to find the function for controlling the app settings.
9- Click on that same app after finding it and turn off the toggle option alongside it.
10- Now, you may return to Apps and uninstall that suspicious app.
11- You can reboot your device back to the normal mode after pressing the power button like before.
Note: You might have to consult your device’s manufacturer if these steps don’t help eliminate Malware.
Method#3: Uninstall all dubious apps
When you think about how to remove Malware from android, uninstalling all distrustful apps becomes crucial.
1- Inspect any recent apps you downloaded:
You must inspect apps if you aren’t confident about their security. You can read the app reviews to figure out if others had issues or not. Also, using the “play protect” scan can help eliminate your doubts.
2- Get rid of apps you don’t use anymore:
If there are apps on your device that you don’t use anymore, it’s best to delete them. If an unused app becomes corrupted, you won’t know until you use it regularly. So, you must remove such apps, also saving storage space.
3- Immediately uninstall apps that you do not know about:
If you find apps on the cell phone or tablet that you didn’t install, then delete them. Those applications are likely the source of malware intrusion into your android device. Getting rid of them may remove Malware from the gadget.
Method#4: Reset your browser back to its default settings:
Resetting your browser back to its default setting might remove Malware. When your browser acts up and doesn’t follow your custom settings, you must reset it. This step will help stop the unwanted redirection to unsafe web pages, ads, and downloads.
Also, it will delete the saved cache, unnecessary and unwanted extensions, and cookies.
1- Open the chrome app from the settings. You’ll find it in the Apps option.
2- The chrome app will show an info menu. Choose storage from the menu.
3- The storage will present more settings. Select manage storage and clear all data.
4- This step will delete all the information the chrome browser has ever saved. It’ll include your Google account info, passwords, credit card info, cache, bookmarks, etc.
5- Confirm by tapping okay on the pop-up to restore the browser to its factory settings.
Method#5: Delete your downloads
Android operating system allows its users to download any file from the internet. Of course, it’s pretty beneficial that you can download videos, songs, images, and all sorts of files. However, this may lead to downloading malicious software unknowingly.
And the more you visit dangerous or unprotected websites that do not provide a secure connection, the higher the chances of installing Malware. So, you should delete the downloads and protect your device from Malware.
Method#6: Install an Antivirus app:
Installing an antivirus on your android device will help protect it from getting attacked. The Antivirus system scans any security threats present inside the cell phone or tablet and remove the Malware.
Also, it will warn you about unsafe websites and block them. An antivirus app stays active 24/7 and diligently catches Malware and other viruses.
Method#7: Use a VPN service:
How to remove Malware from android? Using a VPN is another effective way to get rid of Malware. The VPN doesn’t directly remove Malware, but it protects your online security and safeguards your privacy. VPNs are especially beneficial when using public wifi.
Some VPNs offer additional features that thwart blocklisted websites. It protects you from opening web pages notorious for spreading Malware.
If you choose to visit dangerous sites forcefully, it would be your responsibility to deal with the consequences. No amount of antivirus apps or VPN can protect you from Malware at that point.
FastVPN is a trusted VPN that has millions of happy users around the globe. We recommend using FastVPN to strengthen your internet security and avoid installing Malware. It’s also pretty affordable and provides additional services and perks that enhance your online privacy.
Worried about how to remove Malware from android? Take precautions:
- Invest in a reputable VPN service and antivirus app.
- Keep your Android OS updated and turn on automatic updates.
- Do not click on dubious links sent in emails or messages. It may download a virus and cause harm to the device.
- Avoid installing apps from other sources and download only from Google Play Store.
- Be wary of the apps’ permissions on your data, and watch out for those apps that keep crashing.
- Use tricky passwords or get a password manager to keep your security in check.
- Always turn on the VPN when connecting to a hotspot or open wifi.
What is the best method of removing Malware from android?
- You can take many precautions and keep an eye on the signs of Malware. However, it would be best to use a solid solution instead of manually hassling to find and remove the virus. In combination with an antimalware app, a VPN creates a robust solution to maintain device security and reinforce privacy.
What is the best VPN to remove Malware from android?
- We recommend FastVPN because it is a trusted VPN that protects against Malware. Cybercriminals cannot track you or send Malware your way by targeting you. But, you must also keep away from notorious sites that spread viruses.
Which antivirus should I use to remove Malware from android?
- We recommend Bitdefender or Avast mobile security apps to protect your phone. These apps will run regular scans and security checks to keep your device safe. You can also boost your battery life and RAM by using such apps.
How to choose a good VPN for removing Malware?
- Reviews always help big time while making your purchase decisions. You can thoroughly research VPNs and read customer feedback to understand which VPN will fulfill your needs. It’s essential that you also check what services they provide. Also, look out for their policies. Check out their pricing and which VPN offers the best packages. It would help if you also kept in mind that a decent VPN might be expensive. However, FastVPN offers affordable plans to include everyone.
Malware can spy on you, intercepting your device’s audio and video. It can also lock your device while the hackers may ask for a ransom to unlock it. Or your data gets stolen and sold to third parties as you stay oblivious to such security threats.
So, we recommend that you use a VPN and mobile security system to keep your device and web activity protected from attackers.
Instead of worrying about how to remove Malware from android, the security system can eliminate viruses. You can also manually deal with the issue by deleting dubious apps, but you can never know if the threat goes away for good or is hidden somewhere.
Also, read this: 5 ways to stop robocalls and spam calls