How To Find Router’s IP Address on Windows, Android, iPhone and Linux
Nov 10, 2022
If you are looking for a way to learn what your router’s IP address is, this article will answer your question no matter which device you use.
How To Find Router’s IP Address on Windows, Android, iPhone and Linux - FastVPN
A Router's IP Address is critical information that people need to understand for a variety of reasons. First, the router is the gateway between the local network and the Internet. As such, it needs to have a unique IP address that can be used to identify it on the network. Second, the router's IP address is used to access the router's web-based management interface.
This is where people can change the router's settings and make adjustments as needed. Finally, the router's IP address is sometimes used as a troubleshooting tool. If there are problems with the connection or WiFi signal, knowing the router's IP address can help to pinpoint the issue. For these reasons, it is important for people to know their router's IP address and to keep it safe.
How to Find Router’s IP Address
1. How to Find the Router IP Address on Windows With Command Prompt
To find your router IP address on Windows, you can use the Command Prompt.
- First, open the Command Prompt by pressing the Windows key + R, then type "cmd" and press Enter.
- In the Command Prompt window, type "ipconfig" and press Enter.
- This will give you a list of all the network adapters on your computer, as well as their IP addresses.
- Locate the adapter that is connected to your router (it will likely be labeled "Ethernet" or "Wi-Fi") and note down its IP address.
- This is your router's IP address. You can now close the Command Prompt window.
2. How to Find Router IP Addresses on Windows With Control Panel
- In order to find your router's IP address on Windows, you will need to open the Control Panel.
- Once you have found the Control Panel, you will need to select the "Network and Sharing Center" option.
- From here, you will be able to view all of the network connections that are currently active on your computer.
- Select the connection that is labeled as "Internet."
- Once you have selected this option, you will be able to view the "Properties" of your Internet connection.
- In the Properties window, select the "Details" tab.
- Under the "Network" heading, you will be able to view your router's IP address.
3. How to Find Router IP Addresses on Android
In order to connect to a router and access the internet, your device needs to have the router's IP address. This can be found in the settings menu of your Android device. To find the IP address of your router:-
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Tap on "Wi-Fi" to view a list of available networks.
- Select the network you are currently connected to.
- Tap on the Menu icon ( three dots in the upper-right corner).
- Tap on "Advanced". Your router's IP address will be listed under "IP Address".
- Keep in mind that the IP address of your router can change if you reset it or if you connect to a different network. As a result, it's a good idea to check the IP address before you try to connect to a router.
4. How to Find Router IP Address on MacOS
- To find your router IP ID on MacOS, first open the System Preferences application and click on the "Network" icon.
- Select the interface you are using to connect to the internet in the left-hand column and then click the "Advanced" button in the right-hand column.
- The router's IP address will be listed next to "Router" in the TCP/IP section.
- If you need to find the IP address of a different router on your network, you can use the "Route -n get default" command in Terminal.
- This will return a list of all the active routes on your system, including the router's IP address.
- You can also use "scutil --dns" to view DNS information, which may include the router's IP address.
- Finally, if you are connected to a network with multiple routers, you can use "netstat -nr" to view the routing table and locate the IP address of the desired router.
5. How to Find Router IP Addresses on iPhone and iPad
If you need to find your router's IP address on your iPhone or iPad, there are a few ways to go about it.
- One option is to use the "Settings" app.
- Simply navigate to "General" and then "About."
- From there, scroll down until you see the "Wi-Fi Address" field.
- This will show you the IP address for your router.
- Another way to find your router's IP address is to use the Safari browser.
- Simply enter "http://192.168.0.1" into the address bar and hit enter. This should bring up your router's web interface.
- Once you're logged in, you should be able to find the IP address under the "Network" or "Status" section.
6. How to Find Router IP Address on Linux
- In order to find your router IP address on Linux, you will need to open a Terminal window.
- Once the Terminal window is open, you will need to type in the command "route -n". This command will print out a table that includes your router's IP address.
- The router's IP address will be listed under the "Gateway" column. If you want more information about your network connection, you can type in the command "ifconfig".
- This command will print out detailed information about your network interface.
- You can use this information to troubleshoot networking issues on your Linux machine.
7. How to Find Router IP Address on Chrome OS
Configuration for a home network router typically involves the use of a web browser. The process of connecting to a router's configuration page differs depending on the make and model of the router. However, most routers use a common set of IP addresses, so it is usually possible to find the address by using one of these addresses. Once the router's configuration page has been accessed, it is possible to change the password, network name, and other settings. To find a router's IP address on Chrome OS, check the below listed steps:-
- Open the Chrome browser and type "chrome://net-internals/#dns" into the address bar. This will open the DNS page.
- Scroll down to the "Network events" section and click on the "Captured Events" button.
- Find the event that corresponds to accessing the router's configuration page. The IP address will be listed next to the event.
What are the Benefits of Installing VPN on a Router?
Installing a VPN on your router offers many benefits:
- All devices connected to the router will be protected by the VPN, including smart TVs, gaming consoles, and streaming boxes.
- You will only need one subscription for the VPN service, rather than one for each device.
- A VPN on your router will encrypt all traffic passing through the router, including unsecured Wi-Fi networks.
- You can connect to a different region with your VPN to access geo-blocked content or bypass government censorship.
- Your ISP will not be able to see what you are doing online or throttle your speeds.
Installing a VPN on your router is a great way to protect all of your devices, save money on subscriptions, and improve your privacy and security online.
In this blog post, we’ve shown you how to find your router’s IP address on four different platforms. If you followed the steps correctly, you should now have the IP address for your router and be able to access it from any device or operating system. Thanks for following us along!